Firewood Permit Requirements in Saskatchewan

In Saskatchewan more than 90 per cent of the forests are provincial Crown forests. Ensuring their long-term health and sustainability is a Saskatchewan Government priority.  As such, permits are required for some activities.

Forest Products Permit are available from the Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment offices for anyone wishing to harvest green (live) trees from provincial Crown forests, either to sell or for their personal use. Requirements vary, depending on the activity:

Individuals wishing to collect fuel wood in the Provincial Forest are allowed to collect dead and down wood, all species, without a permit. A chainsaw and either a half-ton or ATV are the only allowed equipment for this collection. If heavy equipment is required to collect larger amounts of dead and down fuelwood or you wish to cut green (live) trees for your own use, you need a Forest Products Permit. Forest Products Permits are required for anyone harvesting fuel wood for sale, whether dead and down or green.

Permits can be obtained by downloadable pdf, online or at your local Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment office. Once completed, either; return to the nearest office; email (if available) or submit through the general document function.

It's only fair to share...Share on TumblrTweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponShare on RedditShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Share on FacebookPin on PinterestEmail this to someonePrint this pageDigg thisBuffer this pageFlattr the authorShare on VKShare on Yummly