Wood burners know the fulfillment they feel from providing heat to their homes from an open flame. This fulfillment, or rewards come from many aspects of being a card carrying member of the wood burners society. Here we have posted 10 reasons to become a wood burner.
- Wood is a renewable energy source – Renewable means that is not depleted by use, such as water, wind, or solar power, or in this case, firewood. Being wood burners is a good thing
- Keep the heat on – if the power goes out, you can stay warm.
- Stop supporting utility companies – Let’s face it, they are too expensive and bad for the environment. Wood burners are good!
- Wood Burners do not contribute to Global Warming – Trees absorb the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide as they grow. When wood is burned the release carbon dioxide is absorbed by young trees.
- Incomparable heat – Please? Do I really need to tell you how much more pleasant the heat from a wood burning fireplace or wood stove is compared to a forced air furnace?
- You save money – It costs less to heat with wood!
- Measure your environmental impact – look at a bill and you see numbers that don’t really tell you what it costs to do anything. It is very unclear as to what it costs to operate a hair dryer, or heat a room. Wood is measurable – Throw a log on the fire, and you know exactly how much you use to heat your room or house.
- Heat areas – Do you really need your entire home heated to one temperature? Save money by heating the areas you occupy the most.
- Buy local – why give all your money to the utilities? Support the local economy by purchasing wood locally.
- The characteristics of the flame – people are drawn to open flames. A glass of wine, a kiss, or just sitting watching a movie with the fire burning is very relaxing – Wood burners help make a house a home.
Most wood burners follow some or all of these steps already. Enjoy life!